We are a chiropractic clinic based in Coventry and Warwickshire that believes in providing pain relief by using a wide range manual techniques and tools to give you the best treatment. Nobody likes to experience physical pain especially in areas that are most sensitive and affect mobility.
Back pain can cause long term risk and physical damage making you less prone to exercise and stay fit. During extreme cases of severe back pain it is important to consult chiropractic care, so what exactly are the benefits?
- Spinal manipulation and chiropractic care are considered to be safe methods.
- Effective treatments for acute low back pain otherwise known as chronic pain can last over two weeks while having the potential to heal themselves.
- Alongside back pain, research shows chiropractic care is helpful in treating neck pain and headaches.
- The process is often simple and therapeutic to ease.
- Non-surgical treatments. These are advised to patients who need spinal rejuvenation either from long term accidents or bad posture.
- Chiropractic care is safe when performed by a specialist who is trained and licensed. For your safety, make sure you attend a clinic that has registered chiropractic doctors who work at an accredited practice.
Sometimes, a patient may have a medical condition that actually causes more side-effects especially when high-velocity manipulation to the lumbar spine or lower back is applied. Chiropractors refer to these conditions as medical risks and here are a few examples:
- Initial structural instability caused by previous or repeat incidents in the same area can be a risk to proceed with treatment.
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (whether in the active, systemic stage or locally in the presence of inflammation) are immediately exempt from treatment as this worsens the process.
- Chiropractic treatment cannot be performed on patients who have had artificial disk replacement.
- Side effects of the procedure particularly for lower back pain or spinal manipulation can lead to headaches and feelings of light headedness however should not persist for over 24hrs.
Many people have had success from Chiropractic care, so it is definitely worth considering if you prefer non-surgical methods. At Central Chiropractic Clinic, we understand chiropractic care may not be the solution for you, which is why we always start off with a full consultation and discuss your concerns in great detail. This helps us to ensure our chiropractic care is right for you before any treatment options are given. Contact us today for more information.