How can Chiropractors help with Plantar Fasciitis?

Plantar fasciitis is a very common problem experienced by many people, but often gets overlooked and not treated. With the correct level of attention, this type of problem can be solved by a specialist or a chiropractor. A Chiropractor can also give you further guidance on how to prevent plantar fasciitis from returning.

At Central Chiropractic Clinic we are able to relieve foot pain that results from a variety of different underlying causes. Plantar fasciitis is also commonly known as policeman’s heels and it is the pain that is felt under the bottom of your feet, around your heel and foot arch area.

This issue is caused when the ligament that connects your toes to your heel becomes swollen and weak. This then causes your foot or heel to hurt when you walk or stand for a long time.

What exactly causes plantar fasciitis?

The most common cause for this type of foot pain is the repetitive strain on the outside of the foot and arch area. Usually, what happens is, when we walk, the foot and ankle would absorb the forces but in this case, the forces travel to the plantar Fasciitis and lower leg, which causes pain in the lower leg and foot.

Although both men and women can experience plantar fasciitis, research shows that it is more common in women. Athletes who are runners also complain about this if they are experiencing faulty foot movement. You’re chances of plantar fasciitis increase if you:

  • Overweight
  • Older age
  • Spend a long time standing each day
  • Wearing worn-out shoes
  • Wearing high-heeled shoes
  • Not doing much physical activity

How to treat Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis and other types of foot pains can be treated with specialist Chiropractic care. They use effective treatment methods such as diagnostic ultrasound scanning, digital ex-rays, Laser therapy and Shockwave therapy; depending on the type of foot pain you are experiencing.

See the video below.

Other types of foot pains include:

  • Achilles tendinitis
  • Broken foot
  • Bunions
  • Bursitis (joint inflammation)
  • Morton’s neuroma
  • Plantar fasciitis
  • Tendinitis
  • Heel spurs

If you are experiencing any of the above pains, or if you are suffering from foot aches and pains for some time now, then it would be worth getting specialist Chiropractic care to help relieve these frustrating pains. 

Scroll to Top
× How can we help you?